search

3.08.2007

:: BEHIND THE BRAND
There exists in many chemical mixtures a specific point at which the ratios of the elements combine to create a substance with a specific melting point. At that point the mixture melts like ice, changing from one state to another when the temperature threshold is reached.

There exists in our daily lives a point at which all the thoughts, all the lists and obligations, and all the joys and dreams melt together and exist in a single state.

There exists in a design a point at which the single elements seamlessly combine to create something fluid, something dynamic. Metals mix, colors fuse, and design coalesces into something extraordinary.

This point is the eutectic point. Find yours.


:: ABOUT THE DESIGNER
Eutectic started out as just a girl helping her mom build jewelry for a craft show. Granted, this girl already had the crafting bug...she had her own stationery line, and freelance graphic design company, as well as a love for anything handmade. She also followed fashion and was ever in pursuit of a unique personal style. Discouraged by the apparent lack of broad support for indie artists, she decided to make it her mission to inform the world (or at least Houston, TX) that there were true artisans with wonderful vision and talents just waiting to be discovered.

That girl is me, and Eutectic is part of my contribution to the DIY revolution. I support crafters and artisans in all fields (read my blog), and I am one of the growing number of people who believe quality is better than quantity.

I created all the designs with my two little hands in my smoke-free home studio/office/stuff pile. I use both sterling silver and gold filled wire and chain in my designs. I handmake all components except for the chain (and stones, of course) and use only genuine stones and sterling/gold filled beads. I do create custom pieces for weddings or events, so if you're interested, please email me.

Cheers.